Sunday, September 23, 2012

Productive Weekend

I know that Christmas is a few months away, but when planning homemade gifts, it is never too early to start. My big plan this year was to start in January and make one gift a month so that they would almost all be ready by now. O.K. Try not to laugh so hard. I did make one for my mom, but gave it to her for Mother's day. Leaving me at 0 gifts made until this weekend.

 

My favorite local quilt store The Quilt Patch had a special sale this week for their frequent shoppers (called bag ladies). I was able to score fabric for 4 of my planned gifts at half off! While I was there, I found the cutest pillowcase kits for a few of my nieces and nephews. This is great since I was starting to worry I wouldn't be able to even think of gifts to make for them. Now that my gifts are planned, it is time to escape to my favorite place, my sewing table mmm...I mean put my nose to the grindstone.

 

I was able to get one of the pillowcases finished this weekend. Isn't it adorable for a little girl who loves horses and princesses? I think she will love it!

 

This weekend I also made glitter play-doh with my 4 year old for her pre-school class and some hand scrub for gifts. All in all, I am pretty impressed with our accomplishments!

Happy Sewing

Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment