Friday, September 28, 2012

Finally Finished Happy Holidays Table Topper

This year for Mother's Day I gave homemade gifts, surprising I know. May was a zoo around here, with one daughter graduating, a party to give, a fourth birthday, a party to give. That was just one weekend! So one gift was ALMOST finished. I am slightly ashamed that it took me this long, but feel great to have one of my "owed" projects finished.

I found the pattern Happy Holidays Tree Topper by Atkinson Designs through a You Tube video the owner of my local quilt store, The Quilt Patch made. The video was great and I knew I needed to get into the store soon to get my supplies.

 

Pattern and fabric in hand, I returned home and put mine together within a day! The second, using the same fabrics, was finished except for the binding the next day. It has taken me almost 5 months, but the gift is finished. I am sure my Mother-in-law will love it.

The owner of The Quilt Patch, Kathy, has made several How to videos on You Tube. The videos are very helpful with the basics of how to make certain projects. You can find her videos on The Quilt Patch Channel on You Tube.

This project appealed to me because it used a "new to me" technique to create the pieced triangles. I sewed two strips of fabric together on both long edges. Then, I cut these strips into smaller rectangles, cut them in half diagonally to create triangles with two different fabrics! It was fun and easy to put together.

For my next trick, I think I may put together some holiday placemats.

Happy Sewing

Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment