Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Been Awhile

This summer has brought many things here in the Busy Mama house. My oldest daughter graduated and is off to college. I moved my classroom to a new building (same district). I changed grades and added two new subject areas. At the beginning of the summer, I thought I would have oodles of time to sew. Ha, ha, boy was I ever wrong! Well, now that school is back in session, I have made a little time for my sewing again. The one project I did make this summer was a Mondo Bag. If you look closely, you may recognize some of the fabrics as left overs from a little girl dress.
My 17 year old loved the bag and wanted one for herself. I had just the right fabric collection to use for her bag squirreled away in the bottom of my stash. She is a horse lover that rides almost daily. I finished the bag last night. I love the fabrics and the pieced handles.

Here's to hoping I have time to sew every night. With my new shorter commute, I should have a few extra minutes, but you never know in a busy house like mine.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment