Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fabric Play

Today I spent the day looking through my fabric scraps. For me this is a great time to reminisce about projects from the past. I don't know about you, but I can remember where each and every fabric was used. When I am making a project that uses some of my scraps I get to remember all of the baby quilts, big girl quilts and bags that I have made before.

These are two different piles to use in different projects. These piles of scraps were left over from a quilt, 2 bags, and a table topper. They are going to now find a home in new midi bags, a pattern by Quilt Smart.

Step one for this pattern is to cut squares from several different fabrics and fuse them to a light weight interfacing, with the squares marked on it. This is super simple and the next step is a super time saver! I will show you that step tomorrow, but look at the fused squares for one of the bags.

All of my squares are cut and fused to the interfacing. You may notice that some of the squares are slightly askew. No worries, once they are sewn together, no one will ever know. I think I am already in love with this bag. For me that doesn't take much since I do LOVE bags!

Happy Sewing

Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment