Friday, January 6, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to my Mama!

O.K.  it has been a while since my last post.  Well, I had to use all the time I usually use writing to sew all of the homemade gifts I wanted to give.  Enough excuses, on to the first set of gifts I gave. 

My mom was lucky enough to be born on Christmas.  So instead of just a Christmas gift, she also got a Birthday gift as well. 


I made her a matching table topper and hot pad.  This past summer, while on our anniversary trip in Amish Country Ohio, I found these fabrics and thought of my Mama.  The twisted table topper seemed like the perfect thing for her.  It sits in the center of the table, so you can use the rest of the table and just leave it there. 

I began sewing for Christmas in June this year.  Seems a little ridiculous, but for once, I finished all the projects I had planned for gifts!  More gifts to come soon.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment