Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yo-yo Hair Clips and Dressy Flower Bobby Pins


My 3 year old niece has a full head of beautiful hair, which my sister-in-law puts up every day.  What better gift than some pretty hair bows.  These were created with the Clover Yo-Yo Maker.  I then attached them to a hair clip and added a button with hot glue, one of my new favorite things!  The clips were great because her hair is really slippery and they stayed in without an issue!



My 17 year old daughter LOVES bobby pins.  When first seeing the melted edged flowers, I thought they would be perfect for dressing up a bobby pin.  These flowers were super easy to make.  While searching for how to make the flowers I saw some bobby pins with tied ribbons to add a little color to a sloppy up do.  Perfect!  She really likes them and now wants an outfit to match the turquoise flower.  Go figure.

It has been fun to work with some different fabrics for some cute hair accessories.  Pretty sure there will be more in the near future.  You know Prom is coming up!

Maybe I will turn on my machine tonight.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment