Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Simplicity 1952 Baby Backpack

I recently cut out all of the teeny tiny pieces for baby doll clothes and a baby backpack.  My plan was to make the backpack and some clothes for my youngest to go along with the Bitty Baby that we are going to get her for Christmas.  One part of the plan has been accomplished.  The backpack is finished and I am ecstatic with the results!!!


The cording was my major concern.  If you don't catch it just right, it doesn't look right.  Well, I lucked out (with my cording foot) and it looks great!  Can you see the bottle pockets on the side of the bag?


I do believe this is my best zipper yet.  It is totally hidden and works like a charm.  The webbing for the straps was stolen from another bag I am planning to make for one of the teenagers.  I forgot to buy the webbing when I was purchasing the rest of the materials (go figure).


As you can see the baby fits snugly in the carrier and there is plenty of room in the bag for any clothes I will make for the baby.  Thank you to Shelby for being a good sport and modeling the bag for me. 

This bag was challenging, but I learned several things while making it.  Reading the pattern and understanding what is being said requires me to reread the directions several times.  Sometimes even after multiple readings I just have to try it out and hope for the best.

I can't wait to give this to my daughter for Christmas.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment