Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yo-yo Hair Bows

I spent an afternoon, not to long ago, making yo-yos.  The intention was to make them into hair bows.  Well, with my crazy life, it has taken me awhile to finish the project off.  After many cross country meets, work days and a little procrastination, here they are!


Finished clips.  There are two of each.




The backside.



The clips easily attach to a headband.

One little piece of advice:  If your buttons have a top and bottom, make sure to test out the placement with the clips facing opposite directions, like they will be in the hair.  This will help to make sure the buttons are facing the right direction when they are in the hair.

I found the tutorial to put these together at Craftiness Is Not Optional, found here.  While perusing the blogs that I follow, these hair bows caught my attention.  In a house with 4 daughters, hair needs to be accessorized.  I used a Clover yo-yo maker to whip these up.  It looked like I was having so much fun that my 8 year old, Francis, decided to play along.  She was easily able to put together a set of these and had a lot of fun doing it!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment