Monday, October 1, 2012

Super Simple Placemats

After work this evening, I decided to cut out the placemats that I wanted to make. They are quilt as you go, so I thought it might be possible to finish one in the time I had to spare.

Suggestion to self: look at the fabric yardages to try and remember which fabric is for each piece. This would allow me to avoid a panic attack over lack of fabric to finish the project. Lucky for me, I had some solid black left over from the binding of the t-shirt quilt I made this spring. Pretty sure these black fabrics are from the same bolt. I know they are from the same store. If you have ever tried to match solid black fabric, you know what I am talking about.

This placemat is so cute that I can't wait to put the other 3 together. The pattern I used is called Framed Seasons and is made by QP Quilts & Co. There is also a video tutorial here.

Happy Sewing

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment