Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quilt Therapy

In times of stress I find that I take great comfort in quilting.  I can remember waiting for the call to learn if I had my first teaching job.  At the time I was working on hand quilting a queen size log cabin quilt.  Taking each stitch while waiting for the phone to ring.  This project gave me something to focus on instead of worrying about the outcome of my three interviews.

Quilting has become my own version of therapy.  While I am quilting, I am allowed to escape the problems at hand, at least for a little while.  This therapy has the added bonus of a finished product, which I can share with my friends and family.  I can hold it up and say "Look what I did!"

While I am not the fastest or the best quilter I know, I sure couldn't live a sane life without a little time with the fabric and thread. 

All of the straight line quilting is finished and the free motion is calling my name. So I am going out now to do a little therapy with my Funny Farm quilt.

Happy Sewing!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment