Monday, March 28, 2011

All in an Evening's Work

Spring Vacation begins Friday afternoon and I am taking the girls to visit my brother and his family.  We are all so excited to see all of them.  Most people would be concerned about packing and cleaning.  I am trying to get these things done, but these are not the first things on my list.  My list of things to do is more like this:

1.  Make appointment to get machine cleaned and serviced (so I don't have to live without it).
2.  Check for local quilt shops, just in case I have time to stop.
3.  Pack, clean and all other things necessary for traveling.

The first two things on the list are taken care of and we are working on #3.  I can't wait to see them all, meet my new nephew and deliver his quilt!

The quilt I worked on this evening is a block of the month from 2002.  I have put off the borders for 8 years because I didn't know how to cut lengthwise borders.  How silly is this?  Since putting the quilt in a plastic container that collects dust, I have cut this type of border at least two times.  Tonight was the night I finally decided to take the plunge and finish the top so I could get this quilt off of my to do list.  The colors are not what I would have chosen to put together, but like so many other projects, I love it because I lovingly put it together.  I'm thinking about trying my hand quilting stitch on my sewing machine to quilt it.  I'm hoping to work on this more soon, maybe after we get back from our visit.





Happy Quilting!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Very nice...gotta love checking off another project from the 'to do list'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the advantages of a large UFO pile... It feels like I've skipped ahead when I finally start working on it again!

    ReplyDelete