Sunday, June 5, 2011

Snap Bag Gifts



Today was the first time I have touched my machine in a few weeks.  After such a long separation, I always wonder why I allow my sewing to sit on the back burner.  When I take the time to sew, I am so much happier all around. 

This being my last week of school I needed to whip up a few small gifts to thank the moms that volunteer to help me out in the classroom.  The Snap Happy bag pattern has been floating around my house for a while now, so I thought what a perfect time to try it out! 


The bag uses old tape measures cut up to keep the bag closed.  The prairie points are used to open the bag up.  Since many sizes are featured they can be used for change purses, make up bags, ipod cases and so much more!


For all three bags I only used 3 fat quarters, some left over batting and left over interfacing!



These bags were all made this afternoon.  I started with the rolled up fat quarters and finished all three in about 2 hours.  It could have been done in an hour and a half, but my life is almost never uninterrupted!

Off to my last week of school.  Hoping to have more time for sewing next week!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Your snap bags are lovely! I have this pattern too but still haven't made anything from it! Seeing your creations has given me incentive to have a go myself!!

    ReplyDelete