Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kindle Cover

For Mother's Day this year, I subtly asked for a Kindle.  O.k., maybe I was not so subtle, but it worked and I am the proud new owner of a Kindle.  After submitting my request, I immediately started looking for covers to protect it.  It would have been easy to just order one from Amazon, but what fun is that and it wouldn't look any different from anyone else's.  After a few weeks of internet research, I had found a few that were close, but not exactly what I wanted, so I went out on a limb and decided to create exactly what I wanted.  Here it is!




This is the front cover of my kindle.  You may recognize the fabric from one of the dresses made for my youngest daughter.  I did not purchase anything for this project. 



The inside of the cover holds the Kindle securely and does not interfere with the screen or the buttons.  The front and back cover are lined with firm cardboard to give support to the Kindle and hopefully protect it from injuries.

I love how this turned out.  While I was putting it together wrote out the directions and took lots of pictures so I can put a tutorial on my blog, just in case anyone else wants to make one.  That is the plan for this week, work on the tutorial.

Heather

1 comment: