Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mosey Tote

My husband and I went to Berlin, Ohio for our Eleventh Anniversary last weekend.  Berlin is like paradise for a quilter.  There are so many quilt shops that you could only make it to all of them if you had a whole week.  By the end of the weekend, I felt a little bad for my husband since I had dragged him to at least half a dozen quilt shops.  I allowed myself to buy a project at each of the shops because I have been working so hard this year to finish up projects that were collecting dust in the dresser I keep them in. 

Right before we left for our trip, I began working on one of these dusty projects.  Last fall I was at my LQS, The Quilt Patch, for something to finish a project and saw a Mosey Tote sample that I instantly fell in love with.  Amazingly, I bought all of the supplies necessary on that trip, so when I dug it out of the drawer it came together pretty quickly. 

I used a Gobble charm pack by Moda and some yardage for the flap and lining.


I began by sewing most of the charm squares into half square triangles.


Then I played with the arrangement for several hours.


This is after the quilting.


Fully assembled!  The flower is machine appliqued.  I have only done machine applique once before with o.k. results, but this flower is amazing!


The Mosey Tote is a pattern by This & That created for 5" charm packs. 

One more dusty project finished and ready for use.  I also finished a Christmas gift for my sister, but I will keep that to myself until after Christmas. 


I have been sewing everyday since I have been home from my travels and can't wait to get started with my next project.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment