Thursday, December 27, 2012

Vintage Coin Purse

This Christmas season has been filled with programs, family get togethers and other wonderful activities. After many nights spent sewing gifts for my family, I have finally been able to finish some of my own sewing projects. The first thing I wanted to make was one of the fabulous coin purses that have been circulating blog land for the last several months.

The last weekend before school was out for break, I was racking my brain for something cool to make for my children's teachers. They are such great people, I wanted to make them something special. After much searching and a little panicking, remembered the coin purse blog hop I looked at a little while back.

My favorite pattern was found on the Sew We Quilt blog. The pattern was purchased at Craftsy. These coin puses were easy to put together and turned out super cute. Don't you think?

All teachers have to carry their keys at all times, so I thought they could use a key fob too.

Back to today. For Christmas, my awesome 9 year old bought me a cute fat quarter from one of the local quilt stores. When I opened this gift, I decided it would be perfect for my very own change purse. So today I finally put my own together.

It turned out just as cool as the rest!

All of the hardware was purchased at Joann Fabrics. The fabric (other than for mine) was left over from other quilting projects.

Hmm... What to sew next?

Heather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment