Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Fair Time

Last week was my local county fair.  My children are very involved in 4H and had many projects to get ready and take to the fair.  They raise goats and pigs for their animal projects.  They also take several static projects including decorated cakes and photography. 



This is my 8 year old walking in the parade.  She came home with half of her candy bucket so that she could have some of the candy.  I had to laugh at her logic, since I had already kept a stash in the camper.


This is my oldest daughter showing her market goat. 


My 16 year old showing her pig.


My youngest after a very long and exhausting day of fair!



Finally, these are the projects that I took to fair.  Some of them I have already shown, but some of them were made before I started talking about my sewing adventures.  There are three 1st, three 2nd and one 3rd place ribbons.  My children are always so nervous about getting their projects judged.  I never quite understood this until a few days before the projects were due. 

One thing I discovered when taking this picture is that I must really like orange and brown together.  Taking my projects to the fair to be judged has given me confidence in the quality of my workmanship. 


Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment