This is the finished bag on the outside.
The inside has 2 pockets on each side. I put my cell phone in one of the pockets to show the size, but it wasn't even visible.
This bag was alot of fun to work on. There were a few products that I used in this project for the first time. One of which was an iron on grid called Quilt Mate. This made the 2" squares a breeze to quilt and have straight. I must admit that the grommets were very frustrating. This is probably because the pattern called for two layers of batting, which gives the bag great body, but doesn't let the grommets easily lock together. I have spent the last two days trying to get all 8 of them in and locked. With lots of finesse and maybe a little muttering, they are in and I am very happy with the results!
I think I will try another bag with grommets that only uses one layer of batting. The pattern that I used for this bag is Grids and Grommets by Indygo Junction.
This was the last of the small projects I bought on our trip, so maybe now I will have to tackle the mountain of a project I bought.