Sunday, May 1, 2011

Progress

Yesterday I went to the quilt show at Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio.  It was a great way to spend a day! My mother-in-law, my 7 year old and I enjoyed the beautiful quilts and a fabulous lunch together.  Quilt shows are really good at helping to keep me inspired to work on the projects I have, fix problem projects or begin new projects. 

Today the sampler quilt, from what seems like a million years ago, was the project of the day.  The quilting is nearly finished and then it needs a binding.  That means that it moves to a different pile to wait for the binding to be sewn on and finished.


I quilted each of the sampler blocks 1/4 inch in from the seams.  I wanted to be able to see the blocks.


In the sashing and the cornerstone blocks I quilted 1/4 inch from each seam allowance.  It has a neat effect at the cornerstones where the lines intersect.



It looks really cool from the backside too! 

The pictures are a not quite what I wanted them to be, but my camera killed it's batteries, so I have to make do with my husband's until I get to the store. 

Overall a productive week, let's hope for a repeat.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment