Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Dress for One of my Cuties

Hmmm...  This weekend was a crazy one.  I have been trying to get ready to sew together a dress for Genavieve all week.  It has been rough, since my husband has been working nights all week.  I managed to get the fabric washed, pressed, cut and marked by Friday night.  So Friday, I worked on it a little, getting to the point where I had to get a supply.  This time it was single fold bias tape.  When will I ever learn to read the supply list thoroughly? 
Well, after a trip for groceries with a side trip to JoAnn Fabrics, the project continued.  I was able to get the dress sewn together, the yoke on, and the hand sewing complete. 




I swear I read these directions about a thousand times, just to make sure I was doing it right.  There were still a few errors and some reverse sewing, but overall happy with the outcome so far. 




Notice that the pattern doesn't have the word EASY written on it.  I am kinda proud of myself because it actually looks like a dress.  I am not normally a clothing sewer, but I love to make things for my little ones.

Now I just have to figure out where my 3 year old put my tailor's ruler so I can hem the dress. 
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment