Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pattern Cutting for Simplicity 1952

There is a reason that Quilts are my favorite thing to sew!  I seriously dislike cutting out pattern pieces.  That being said, my evening was spent cutting out pattern pieces for Simplicity 1952.  The pattern is for clothes and a backpack for 15" dolls.  We are planning to buy one for the youngest for Christmas.

The hand cramps, from all the cutting, are affecting my ability to type!  This pattern has 24 pieces and most are very small with many notches to cut.  It will all be worth it when she opens up the doll clothes and backpack for her baby on Christmas morning. 


Look at all those little pieces.  I am really enjoying making clothes, but also looking forward to the squares, rectangles and triangles of quilting. 

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment