Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Finished Dress!

The dress is finished!  I think this must be the quickest finish on a piece of clothing for me.  Despite my busy evening, I was able to finish the arm hole, hem the dress and attach the hook and eye.

When I got home from work, I finished the arm hole and retaught myself how to blind hem.  Luckily I save everything, including the tutorial packet from when I purchased my first sewing machine.  That was the last time that I used the blind hem stitch on my sewing machine.  Wow, was that a fast hem.  Why do I dread them so much, not anymore. 


Finished arm holes and neckline.  I used single fold bias tape, super easy!

After returning home for the evening, I attached the hook and eye to the top of the neckline, so the top will stay closed throughout any play session.


Finished front.



Finished back.

All that is left now is to wash the markings out!

This dress helped me to conquer two of my biggest fears:  zippers (in clothing) and hemming.  I will no longer allow zippers to send me running from a pattern that I love.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment